Electrical design entails planning, creating, testing or supervising the development and installation of electrical equipment, including lighting equipment, power systems, power distribution, fire and life safety systems. Electrical drafting, is a type of technical drawing that shows information about power, lighting, and communication for an engineering or architectural project
Session 1: Fundamentals of Electricals
- Types, source, generation and transmission of electricity.
- National electricity rules.
- National Indian Codes NEC& NBC
- Control and measuring devices.
- Circuit protector devices
- Transformers and diesel generators
- Bus bars, bus ducts, cables(HT/LT), wire motors and pumps.
- Ear thing and Grounding.
Electrical equipment’s and its application in installations.
Session 2: Major Electrical Loads used in Installations.
- Lighting Load
- Utility Power Load
- HVAC load like FCU and Fans
- Pumps, booster pumps, firefighting and lift load.
- Maximum demand calculation.
- Load balancing sheet- lighting load and utility load
- Transformer and DG sizing calculation
- Capacitor, Cable and Voltage calculations
- Earthing and lighting calculations
Electrical Design Calculations.
SESSION 1:Study of design structure for preparation of Electrical layouts
- Study of various loads- lighting load and Raw power loads.
- Study of wiring for various loads.
- LUX calculation using DIALUX software.
Session 2:Practical Examples
- Electrical design of one floor
AutoCAD drafting with Problem Description shall be given to the students