The design, engineering and construction of process plants involve a multidisciplinary team effort. Plant layout and design of piping systems constitutes a major part of the design and engineering effort. The goal is to design safe and dependable processing facilities in a cost effective manner.
- Plant layout fundamentals and work flow procedures
- Terminology and symbols used in plant layout
- Plot plans, elevations and 3-D models
- Fundamental principles of chemical process technology.
- Process flow diagrams (PFDs)
- Equipment used in process plants
- Instrument symbols and abbreviations
- Piping and instrumentation diagrams (P & IDs)
- Piping design and engineering principles.
- Terminology, symbols and abbreviations used in piping design
- Piping materials
Session 2 :
- Piping specifications and piping codes
- Components of piping systems - fittings, flanges and valves
- Piping isometrics and bill of materials